New RD Shade Version 1.2 produces black screen with only clouds.

Rhett

Hi,

I installed the latest version 1.2. No instructions provided as to how to do an update in the email or download site? Just ran the installer. When I loaded P3Dv5.3 after applying the new shader settings, just a black screen with some white clouds. The rotating / spinning aircraft did not appear either in the scenario startup screen "could not display".

I did receive an error during the first installation process but after clicking ignore, it continued to install the pre requisites mentioned in the installation process.

After running the installer again, no errors were received so I assumed all was installed correctly. However, the black screen in P3Dv5.3 then appeared with only the clouds appearing. 

I then installed the previous version as I didn't want waste any more time. 

Please assist. Thanks.

• RDPresets

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue, I was strange you got the error in the first place and this has probably something to do with why it's not working correctly as we haven't had any other reports of either of the 2 issues. Installing over the top is the way to update so no need for special instructions there, are you aware of how to use the content error logging system of Prepar3D? If so, could you load up the sim all the way to where you are sat in the cockpit and are encountering all the bugs. Thereafter send us the content error log here on the forum and we can look into what this is causing.

Thanks again for reporting the issue and we will find a solution as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Thanks. Will do. 

Can you confirm what the prerequisuites are that need to be installed? There were two if I am not mistaken. The installer said I should restart and try to install them manually. Where would I get the installers for the two prerequisites (I think they were .NET type installations or similar). 

By they way, do I need to select one of the post processing options? I did not select any option so was wondering if that could be the problem?

Thanks and regards,

Rhett

• RDPresets

Hi,

You could try restore the shaders and deinstall RDShade completely and reinstall it again. There is not need to select a post processing filter for RDShade to work, those are optional. A content error log would however help us a lot and with that we could fix the problem within a day so if you could provide one that would be amazing.

Thank you!

Kind regards

I thought fixed the problem by restoring the P3D shaders, uninstalling RD Shade V1.1, installing RDShade V1.2, restoring (and applying all the shaders to default). Started P3D and it was working. Then started applying the shader tweaks and the problem returned. I then went one by one disabling and enabling the tweaks to see which was the culprit and it seems to be the "soften solid shadows" tweak that is causing the problem.